What outcomes are associated with PBIS?
Schools that build the capacity to implement PBIS with annual measures of fidelity have teaching and learning environments that:
- Are less reactive, aversive, dangerous, and exclusionary
- Are more engaging, responsive, preventive, and productive
- Address classroom management and discipline issues (e.g., attendance, antisocial behavior
- Improve supports for students who required specialized assistance (e.g., emotional and behavioral disorders, mental health)
- Most importantly, maximize academic engagement and achievement for all students
Please visit our national technical assistance center at pbis.org/evaluation for more detailed information on the success of outcomes associated with PBIS implementation.