School Teams: Classroom Settings
Classrooms are where our students live and learn. Students thrive on the systems that are in place, and feel comfortable in learning environments with routines that teachers have established.
Five Guiding Principles for Classroom PBIS
- Good teaching is one of the best behavior management tools we have.
- Apply three-tiered prevention logic to classroom setting.
- Link classroom to school-wide expectations through routines & procedures.
- Teach social skills like academic skills.
- Build systems to support through sustained use of effective practices.
View the PowerPoint below for more information on relationship building, environmental factors, classroom behavior systems and more!