Families & Community
PBIS is not just a framework designed for schools. The behaviors learned and gleaned from in-school expectations often carries over into the home life. Imagine a way to promote positive behavior at home that is being taught in school!
We encourage families and communities to work with their local schools to learn more about how PBIS is being implemented at school, and how this framework can be implemented at home.
If PBIS is something you are intrigued by, you can certainly get involved with PBIS at your local school site. Opportunities to get involved with PBIS may include:
- Serving on a PBIS committee as a parent voice
- Talking about PBIS at your Parent-School Organizational meetings
- Discussing PBIS in the community at events
- Volunteering at school during PBIS sponsored activities
- Donating to PBIS incentive programs