Families & Community: PBIS Near Me
Our first PBIS training in Minnesota was offered to schools in 2005, and began with a cohort of nine schools from three school districts. Since then, the numbers and types of schools participating in training and continued implementation has grown across Minnesota. View more information about Minnesota PBIS schools here.
How to find out if a school has been trained to implement PBIS in Minnesota:
Here are a few steps that may help you find out if a school has been trained to implement PBIS in Minnesota:
- Find the most current record of all schools that have completed or are participating in two-year cohort training. Download List here: SWPBIS_MNschools.pdf
- The list is alphabetical by district name or charter school name
- If your school is on the list, look up the website of the school, then contact the building administrator
- The administrator may be able to tell you information about current PBIS efforts based on information like:
- School and/or district coach contact
- 3-5 schoolwide expectations at school or program
- Last implementation fidelity measurement date
- Current “triangle report” to measure schoolwide outcomes
- Percent of students with 0-1 referral
- Percent of students with 2-5 referrals
- Percent of students with 6 or more referrals
- If your school is not on the list, contact one of the regional coordinators for PBIS Minnesota here: http://pbismn.org/contact-us.php
- Some schools have not participated in cohort training, but are implementing PBIS after receiving training through a source other than the state or regional implementation project training. (Typically, through district training and coaching.)
List of Minnesota SW-PBIS Schools
To view a list of all participating schools in Cohort 1 – 14 alphabetized by district or charter, please download document at link below. This is a record of all schools that have completed or are participating in our two-year cohort training.
Download List: SWPBIS_MNschools.pdf
Sustaining Exemplar Schools
Minnesota schools and districts are invited to apply for the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Recognition System.
The purpose of Minnesota PBIS Sustaining Exemplar Recognition is to identify and recognize exemplar schools that have completed PBIS implementation and are continuing to achieve positive student outcomes. These schools and districts are able to demonstrate exemplary status by sustaining school-wide PBIS with fidelity in the current school year. View more information about Sustaining Exemplar PBIS schools and districts in Minnesota here.