Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS) provides an organizational approach or framework for improving the social behavior climate of the schools and supporting or enhancing the impact of academic instruction on achievement and increasing proactive (positive/preventive) management.
Upcoming Training - Cohort 12 Schools – Next Steps for getting started…
- Get ready for using School-Wide Information System
The SWIS readiness and set-up process takes approximately 4-6 weeks, so please plan accordingly so that your school has your data system in place as soon as possible.
- How do schools begin the process of establishing the School-Wide Information System (SWIS) data system if they wanted SWIS for use in their school?
For all Metro-RIP Cohort 12 schools who want to begin using School Wide Information System (SWIS) please contact Megan Gruis, Metro RIP, email@example.com
- Establish a PBIS Assessment Coordinator
PBISapps.org provides access to several on-line survey tools that are required for school participating in this initiative. Schools will need to identify a staff person to serve as their PBIS Assessment Coordinator to set-up and access data provided by surveys.
- How do schools establish their local PBIS Assessment Coordinator?
The applicant should open the PBIS Assessment Coordinator Policy for instructions about completing the form, saving it and sending it by email to Megan Gruis, Metro RIP, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calendar for Team Training. What are the training dates?
All training dates during 2016-2017 are available. Go to this Team Training Calendar link.
Additional questions regarding Next Steps for being ready……
Please contact your Regional Implementation Project Coordinator Ingrid Aasan, email@example.com, 612 638-1517.