Welcome to Minnesota PBIS!
Fall Cohort Training Materials Available
Recommendations for Common PBIS Experiences
Welcome back to a new school year! Below are recommendations for common experiences that schools encounter after having been trained and implementing PBIS over time.
- Team turnover: Most of our PBIS team that went through training is no longer working here.
- New principal: We have a new principal. What’s the best way to transition?
- Need a booster: Our building needs a PBIS booster. How do we dothat?
- Need a data system: We don’t have current data. How do we start getting a data system back into place?
- Staff buy-in: We obtained Staff buy-in before training. Do we have to continue getting staff buy-in during or after training?
2021 Summer Institute Festival Recordings and Materials Available
The 2021 Virtual Minnesota PBIS Summer Institute focused on connecting PBIS with practices that promote equitable outcomes in education, and aligning initiatives in the PBIS framework.
Dr. Tamika La Salle, University of Connecticut (UConn) provided the keynote. Dr. La Salle is a co-investigator for the federal subgrant to UConn, serving as the school climate and culture coordinator for the Center on PBIS.
If you missed the live Institute this year, you can access the recordings from all sessions and more information by visiting the Summer Institute webpage.
PBIS Guidance for Distance and Hybrid Settings
Thanks to all the teams that shared information about distance learning plans to support the positive and prosocial behaviors to meet the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of all students across a range of settings last year.
The Minnesota PBIS for Distance & Hybrid Environments resource site has many examples. We look forward to continuing to learn and share about your efforts to ensure a full and safe return for all students and staff this fall, with additional resources to share.
What is PBIS?
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a framework for organizing strategies to enhance academic and social outcomes using databased decision making. Description here in Minnesota Statute 122A.627. View research supporting PBIS.
PBIS Recognition Schools/Districts
The list of Sustaining Exemplar Schools and Districts for 2020-2021 is available now!