Virtual 2020 Minnesota PBIS Summer Institute
The 2020 Minnesota PBIS Summer Institute is June 16–17, 2020. During this unprecedented time and its impact for in-person conferences, all of the sessions are online. There is no cost for the Institute, but registration is required.
Please visit the Summer Institute webpage for more information, and access to the presentations and recorded content as they become available.
Congratulations to Sustaining Exemplar Schools and Districts
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Sustaining Exemplar PBIS Schools and Districts!
Applications submitted by 5/5/2020 that met criteria will be recognized during the virtual ceremony held on 6/10/2020 from 11:30am-12:30pm. A recorded version with personalized school videos will be available for public viewing. During this time there will be a short presentation, recorded highlights of exemplar schools and districts, and speakers from PBIS Minnesota. Please see important details below.
- Virtual ceremony, June 10th from 11:30 to 12:30
- Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/97423050791
- Meeting ID: 974 2305 0791
- Phone: (312) 626-6799 or (974)230-5079
- Schools and districts who met criteria have received an email confirmation
- Schools and districts are posted on the Sustaining Exemplar page
- An official MDE press release will be communicated soon
- Schools and districts will receive a signed certificate by the Commissioner of Education at a later date
Applications will remain open on the Sustaining Exemplar webpage. More information and updates will be posted throughout the summer.
Please contact your regional coordinators for specific questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for continuing to share information about your distance learning plans to help other schools support the positive and prosocial behaviors to meet the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of all students.
Here are a few simple recommendations below from the National Center on PBIS to create a PBIS behavior teaching matrix for distance and hybrid learning models:
- Keep the same school-wide behavior expectations.
- Include online activities in your settings.
- Consider online-specific behaviors that need to be taught.
- Teach directly. Don't just post it.
More details in the practice guide Creating a PBIS Behavior Teaching Matrix for Remote Instruction, including an example matrix (pdf) courtesy of Grandview Middle School, Westonka Public Schools ISD 277.
Check out the continuously updated Minnesota PBIS & Distance Learning resource site for more examples.
What is PBIS?
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a framework for organizing strategies to enhance academic and social outcomes using databased decision making. Description here in Minnesota Statute 122A.627. Research supporting PBIS: More info about PBIS>
PBIS Recognition Schools/Districts
The list of Sustaining Exemplar Schools and Districts for 2019-2020 is available now! More info about exemplars here>
Spring Cohort Materials
Find recommendations for common experiences that schools encounter after implementing PBIS over time. More info about PBIS Recommendations>