Minnesota PBIS Sustaining Exemplar Recognition
2020-2021 Applications Are Open!
Minnesota schools and districts are invited to apply for the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Sustaining Exemplar Recognition.
To be identified as a Sustaining Exemplar School, teams need to demonstrate continued implementation of SW-PBIS with fidelity. In the application, schools document the work of their leadership team, a data system measuring effort, fidelity and outcome data, a system of data analysis and action planning, sustainability efforts, and giving back at the local, state or national level. The following types of schools are eligible to apply:
- Cohort schools:Completed a two-year training sequence with the state or a regional implementation project. Cohort Exemplar School Application
- Noncohort schools:Received training through a source other than the state or a regional training implementation project. Noncohort Exemplar School Application
2020-2021 Exemplar PBIS District Recognition
In addition to individual school recognition, districts that are coordinating and supporting their PBIS schools can apply for district recognition. To be identified for District PBIS Recognition, districts demonstrate their capacity for coordination, training, coaching and evaluation to support schools in their district to implement SW-PBIS.
There are two levels of recognition at the district level. The first is to highlight districts that are in progress towards sustaining implementation and have multiple schools measuring fidelity annually. The second is to highlight districts that have demonstrated exemplar district capacity with over 60% of schools implementing SW-PBIS with fidelity as measured annually.
- Districts: Demonstrate capacity for coordination, training, coaching and evaluation to support schools in their district to implement SW-PBIS. District Exemplar Application
Sustaining Exemplar Application Overviews
For an overview of all three applications for Sustaining Exemplar Recognition, please see the following documents
- Download Cohort Application Overview.docx
- Download Noncohort Application Overview.docx
- Download District Application Overview.docx
The purpose of Minnesota PBIS Sustaining Exemplar Recognition is to identify and recognize exemplar schools and districts that have completed PBIS implementation and are continuing to achieve positive outcomes. These schools and districts are able to demonstrate exemplary status by sustaining school-wide PBIS (SW-PBIS) with fidelity in the 2020-2021 school year.
Criteria are based on effective implementation of the essential components outlined by our national Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, and defined in Minnesota Statute 122A.627.
View 2019-2020 Sustaining Exemplar Virtual Ceremony
Thank you to those of you who attended our virtual recognition ceremony in June. It is evident that Minnesota schools have continued to work hard on behalf of students, staff, families, and the community.
- View a recorded version of the ceremony
- View the personalized school videos
- View videos by topic
- View the Commissioner’s recorded message to schools and districts
Previous Sustaining Exemplar Schools and District Recognition
- 2019-2020 Sustaining Exemplar Schools
- 2019-2020 District Recognition
- 2018-2019 Sustaining Exemplar Schools
- 2018-2019 District Recognition
- 2017-2018 Sustaining Exemplar Schools
- 2017-2018 District Recognition
- 2016-2017 Sustaining Exemplar Schools
- 2016-2017 District Recognition
- 2015-2016 Sustaining Exemplar Schools
- 2015-2016 District Recognition
- 2014-2015 Sustaining Exemplar Schools